2016 GCT Chief Arbiter David Sedgwick, IA
Player Selection Criteria
Nine players will be selected for participation in the 2017 Grand Chess Tour, based on the following criteria:
- (3) The top three players from the final 2016 GCT standings
- (3) The top three players by average rating across 2016
- (3) The GCT will select three wildcard participants
Individual GCT events will have an additional (1) one wildcard (Sinquefield Cup & London Chess Classic) or (4) four wildcards (Paris GCT, YNM & Saint Louis Rapid & Blitz).
Check back soon for player announcements and more details on the 2017 Grand Chess Tour regulations.
- Tour Points
- Tour Prize Fund
- Classical Event Regulations
- Rapid & Blitz Regulations